SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for is support for the quality control, development, customer application support, and vendor on-site review and failure analysis of relays and switches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Review and approve supplier PPAP’s for engineering changes or new products.
- Ongoing analysis of the quality of relays & switches, contacting suppliers if problems.
- Work with the testing department to uncover root cause of product failure.
- Utilize reliability & statistical analysis software to assess product performance.
- Interface with assembly/manufacturing and test sites, engineering, and sales to provide technical process and product qualification assessments of products.
- Ensure compliance to ISO9001, including documentation, internal audits, equipment/gauge calibration and nonconforming material 8D problem solving disciplines.
- Liaise with vendors to redesign products and resolve quality issues or make product improvements.
- Design/develop new product with AutoCAD, including QC testing, review catalog pages, IQC form drafting
- IQC equipment monitoring/servicing/calibration
- Customer Application Engineering Support
- Data control & tracking product improvement at test stations.
- Corrective Action interface directly with customers
- Travel to Asia to visit/audit vendors
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May supervises one or more non-exempt personnel.
B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
5 years of related experience
*Experience with electromechanical component experience including approval, selection, vendor qualification and audit
*Experience in handling customer corrective action evaluation and support and documentation
Familiarity with the tools of Six Sigma (Green belt preferred), Reliability and Statistical Analysis software and statistical tools – RPH, CPU, MTBF and Minitab 16.0 is a plus
Basic Computer skills: word, excel, email, Powerpoint and Engineering software packages such as AutoCad
Management experience of one or more people a plus.
|Job Category||Engineering Jobs|