This position is responsible for managing projects from order receipt through project execution, installation and acceptance. Requires engineering oversight, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal/communications skills.
The Project Engineer will be expected to conduct all interactions with customers and suppliers in a courteous and professional manner consistent with the corporate values.
- Develop project execution plan.
- Responsible for the overall project success of designing and building advanced laser systems from order receipt through project execution, installation and customer acceptance.
- Develop, update and maintain detailed project plans and schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Responsible for keeping project on schedule.
- Identify project risks and mitigate efficiently and effectively.
- Track, compile project information and generate project status reports.
- Identify work scope changes and initiate change orders where applicable: Quoting materials, labor and schedule impact.
- Facilitate and coordinate project meetings with the assigned project team.
- Effectively communicate customer expectations and information to internal and external project teams.
- Facilitate and coordinate technical design reviews, including meeting agenda, minutes, decisions, key conclusions, and action items.
- Manage all phases of assigned projects.
- Insure project documentation is completed and delivered to customer.
- Maintain frequent and clear communication with customers over the course of the project.
- Track and initiate project milestone invoices.
- Develop and maintain on-going customer relationships.
- Responsible for fulfillment of project requirements, specifications, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate the shipment, installation, and final acceptance of the system at the customer site
- Travel as required to supplier and/or customer sites to perform project management duties
- BSME or BSEE
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in project/engineering management.
- Strong technical aptitude, understands and can articulate electrical and mechanical concepts.
- Handles multi-tasking environment.
- Polished customer relation skills.
- Persistent, adaptable, flexible.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
|Job Category||Engineering Jobs|