Managing the Production Control Department to provide the necessary support and guidance needed to meet internal and external delivery requirements and streamline the planning processes involved with making products.
- Monitors, tracks, reports, advises, and conducts production planning processes in order to ensure the organization meets customer delivery requirements and expectations.
- Leads schedule communication process via regular meetings or systematic data with the goal to keep the organization marching to one drumbeat
- Maintains and continuously improves MRP system or other Capacity Planning system parameters and processes for effective use of system planning and scheduling capabilities
- Proactively pursues the elimination of shortages that impact or may impact production and shipments.
- Proactively provides schedule and release direction for manufacturing orders within the facility. Coordinate as required the scheduling of orders with sales, manufacturing, engineering, R&D, and other areas.
- Assist Manufacturing and Purchasing in determining appropriate safety stock levels, minimum or maximum inventory settings, Kanban signals, or other visual methods to trigger timely inventory consumption or replenishment.
Education / Experience
- Two-year degree is mandatory. Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (Business, Supply Chain, or Technical) is highly preferred.
- Three years of experience as a manager of production control or scheduling process
- Two years of experience working in a key role in a business focused on metal fabrication, welding, or metal forming
- APICS certification preferred
B. Specific Job Knowledge
- Planning and Scheduling techniques and methodologies
- General manufacturing knowledge
- Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- General knowledge of Engineering Change processes
- Inventory control
- Transactional management
- Microsoft Office Suite, with focus on Excel and database
|Job Category||Engineering Jobs|