This position requires skills and experience in automated machine design from concept to final product. It requires experience with multiple disciplines including designing mechanical structures, motion systems and pneumatic control systems for automated mechanisms. The candidate shall be accountable for meeting schedule requirements, as well as internal design standards and cost goals.
- Customer interactions; design reviews, and supporting Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Ability to execute all phases of design projects including planning, organization, integration and completion.
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles to design components, tooling interface and mechanisms.
- Research and analyze customer machine specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with internal engineering design standards and performance specifications.
- Support assembly technicians to ensure that machines and equipment are assembled and functioning according to specifications.
- Maintain documentation associated with a product including engineering change notices, implementation of redlines, bills of material, detailed SOLIDWORKS models and associated component drawings, cost worksheets, and supplier correspondence files.
- Design pneumatic control systems to fixture, manipulate and control the processing if parts within a workstation.
- 3-8 years of Mechanical Design experience in machine design, automation,
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS
- Working knowledge of and experience with motion control, mechanical & automation systems helpful.
|Job Category||Design/Drafting Jobs|