PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Evaluate our current work instructions and then update or create new work instructions for our production employees. This is will include, but is not limited to, our Assembly, Test, Stockroom, Shipping and Receiving areas.
To plan, develop and support our companies manufacturing processes. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, systems, and work force utilization to develop and implement improvement plans. Designs tooling, jigs and fixtures as required for manufacturing of new and existing products to achieve manufacturing goals and product specifications.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Process Development: Develop, plan, organize, implement and document manufacturing processes necessary for the production of our products as determined by production and manufacturing needs.
- Productivity, Efficiency and Continuous Improvement: Actively analyze and recommend ways to improve products, equipment, tooling and processes to increase overall quality, productivity, capacity, lead times and gross margins.
o Lead and/or actively participate in Lean , 5S or other continuous improvement projects though-out manufacturing.
o Actively support all product lines while providing technical support and information to other departments, suppliers and customers as requested.
o Provide engineering support in production to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems.
o Work closely with manufacturing departments to develop, coordinate and implement technical training for employee’s.
o Use scientific problem solving tools in the execution of normal work assignments.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- BS in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Five years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers and Employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientific problem solving tools (DOE, TQ, SPC, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work and make decisions independently and to lead others to the completion of assigned tasks.
- According to Government Regulations all employees in this job classification must be a US Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
|Job Category||Engineering Jobs|