PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Evaluate our current work instructions and then update or create new work instructions for our production employees. This is will include, but is not limited to, our Assembly, Test, Stockroom, Shipping and Receiving areas.
To plan, develop and support our companies manufacturing processes. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, systems, and work force utilization to develop and implement improvement plans. Designs tooling, jigs and fixtures as required for manufacturing of new and existing products to achieve manufacturing goals and product specifications.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:Create and maintain work orders for the manufacture and assembly of parts and products. Assigns standard hours and times to work order operations and performs periodic time studies to verify standard accuracy. Confirms and authorizes material and design changes to assure manufacturability.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- BS in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- Five years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers and Employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientific problem solving tools (DOE, TQ, SPC, etc.).
|Job Category||Engineering Jobs|