Responsible for network and user support. Liaisons with IT managed services provider. Responsible for network support, evaluating systems analysis, programming and computer auxiliary operations including telecom and security systems. Makes recommendations on hardware and software for long- and short-range plans for the acquisition and implementation of new equipment and techniques. Reports to management on information technology plans, projects, performance and related matters. Maintains documentation on current systems and government security requirements. Provides technical assistance and direction to other users.
- Working with IT managed services provider responsible for keeping network infrastructure and PC equipment in a state of high availability for the company, to include all devices such as routers and switches, firewalls, servers, individual computers, printers, copiers, A/V equipment and facility network cabling and wide-area connectivity devices such as T1 voice and data lines and their associated equipment.
- Responsible for understanding the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support current and any future business needs
- Responsible for maintenance, licensing and upkeep of software used to include PC and server operating systems, productivity software, payroll and accounting systems, engineering CAD/CAM software and support for vertical applications used by production.
- Responsible for keeping voice communications for company in a state of high availability, to include all telephony server hardware and software, all devices such as telephone handsets and FAX devices, phone numbers and voice T1 lines, plus software and related maintenance agreements.
- Working with IT managed services provider responsible for security and privacy of all company data assets and environment using firewall security, antivirus, disaster recovery and other tools. Maintain backups of all essential devices such as server equipment and production machinery for high availability and disaster recovery purposes.
- Responsible for maintenance and high availability of company interior and exterior door security access and video security systems.
- Responsible for assisting the corporate user community with any issues or requests for enhancements they may have in a timely and successful fashion.
- Responsible for the specification and purchasing of IT department related hardware and software, including licensing and maintenance agreements with vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining corporate cybersecurity levels and protection to standards set by both Federal governing agencies and client requirements.
- Responsible for research, planning and specification of future technology for the corporate entity to enable it to successfully complete its mission objectives.
Requirements include a minimum of Associates Degree in computer science field and 5 plus years of IT support experience or equivalent. Requires a broad technical knowledge of several phases of information systems plus proven ability in administration and documentation. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
|Job Category||IT Jobs|